We need your help to make the festival a success! Get behind the scenes and meet other like-minded designers and design enthusiasts while planning and producing our region’s largest design event.
Block Party: Do you love swinging hammers, bringing design directly into public spaces, and working with crews to build public artworks?
Design Discussions: Push the level of design discourse in Seattle by planning and supporting the two week long Design Discussions located throughout the city hosted by designers, business innovators, civic leaders, cultural groups and non profits.
Community Programs: Bring design to every Seattle neighborhood by working with our 100+ community program partners to link their events to the festival and ensure they are successful.
AfterParty: Throw an unforgettable bash that’s sure to be Seattle’s most fun Design party of the year.
Social Media: Are you a social butterfly who attends every lecture, art opening, tour, and industry or community gathering? Help get the word out about the Seattle Design Festival!
Audience Assistance: Happy to put on a smile and answer questions or give directions? Try your hand as Festival greeter and crowd surveyor at the Festival.
Logistics: Like to use your muscle? Like to plan events? Then light setup and take-down for events and being an overall troubleshooter might suit you.
Photographers and Videographers: Give back to our design community efforts by documenting our free, open-to-the-public annual event.
– Create a more livable Seattle through this shared vision, demonstration and celebration;
– Build a stronger and more cohesive Seattle design community;
– Educate the public about how design directly affects their lives and communities;
– Rub elbows with professionals, leaders and students in the design world;
– Contribute to and influence events that support cutting edge work;
– Learn more about design;
– Attend gatherings with other passionate design professionals.
The best reason to volunteer is having fun and knowing that you’ve had a positive and influential effect upon the city you love to live in and on the design movement!