Every September, the Seattle Design Festival brings together designers, community members, experts, and city officials to celebrate and explore how design improves the quality of our lives and our community. Every year the Festival grows, and it is now the largest design-related event in the Pacific Northwest.
2017 was the year of POWER. From September 9-22, the Seattle Design Festival brought together groups, organizations, and individuals from our region and across the globe to explore the POWER of design in our changing world. The Seattle Design Festival is truly a community-powered effort, so Thank You to everyone who attended, partnered, volunteered, and otherwise joined us in making the 2017 Seattle Design Festival the most POWERful yet! #SDF2017 at a glance:
- 14 days
- 120+ partner organizations
- 80+ programs & installations
- 12+ design disciplines
- Block Party: outdoor installations, tours, and activities
- Design Discussions: 3 nights of interactive panel discussions
- Community Programs: citywide tours, lectures, exhibits, youth & family workshops, film screenings, charrettes, and more!
- Covered by all major Seattle publications, including Seattle Weekly, The Seattle Times, Curbed Seattle, GRAY Magazine, and many more
To see images from this year and past Festivals, visit our SDF Flickr page.
To see the full Closing Party photobooth reel, visit the Seattle Design Nerds Snapbox.